Skip to main content


How do I get information on incidents and power outages in my neighborhood?

-        Make sure you are signed up for Linn-Benton Alerts, HERE

-        Download the free PulsePoint app, available HERE. PulsePoint is a 911-connected mobile app that allows users to view and receive alerts on calls being responded to by fire departments and emergency medical services.

-        Corvallis Fire Department’s Facebook page is HERE

-        Several resources are available on this website by clicking HERE

-        Alerts from Benton County Sheriff’s Office HERE

-        The Consumers Power (CPI) outage map is HERE


Budget Process & Treasurer’s Reports

 Who sets the District’s Budget?

The Budget Officer is typically the Board Treasurer. He/she creates the proposed budget for discussion with the Board and the Budget Committee, and finalizes the budget for approval and submission to the state.


Who is on the Budget Committee?

The Budget Committee is made up of Board members and an equal number of community members who are registered to vote in the District, interested in the budget process and approved by the Board. Typically there are three community members on the Budget Committee, and the term is three years. Additional information is HERE . If you’re interested, please attend a Board meeting and let us know or email a Board Member or


When does the District set the Budget? Is the public invited?

Usually the budget process starts in February with the appointment of the Budget Officer and the Budget Committee. The Budget Meetings are usually at the beginning of the normally scheduled Board Meetings (click HERE for the current meeting schedule). The Budget is finalized by June. As with the other normal Board meetings, the public is invited.


What’s the District’s fiscal year?

July 1 through June 30.


Where can I find more information about the District budget process?

Click HERE for a thorough description of the budget process for special districts like CRFPD. A more simplified guide can be found HERE.


Where can I find a copy of the current Budget?

The District’s current Budget can be found on the CRFPD website, HERE.


Are monthly financial reports available to the public?

Yes. Monthly Treasurer Reports are posted HERE.





How often does the Board meet?

Except in December, the Board typically meets on the last Wednesday of the month, at 7:00 p.m. Additional meetings are sometimes scheduled during the Budget process or when circumstances require. Click HERE to view the agenda and schedule for upcoming meetings.


Are meetings open to the public? Can I attend?

Yes and yes. Meetings are held by Zoom or in person at Locke Station. Click HERE for information on upcoming meetings and the venue. There is usually time allocated at the beginning of each meeting for public comment. The Board requests that public comments be limited to five minutes so that there is ample time for other agenda items. Occasionally the Board has entertained longer presentations when the agenda allows and when the presentation has been requested in advance and approved by the Chairperson.


Are meeting minutes available to the public?

Yes. Click HERE to view meeting minutes.


Address Signs


How do I get one of the District address signs?

More about the signs HERE. The cost is $25, which includes the sign installation by Corvallis Fire Department personnel.


Why are the District-installed signs recommended?

In short: so emergency personnel can find your home more efficiently in an emergency.


In town, it can be easier to guess at addresses based on the house numbers nearby, plus there are often street lights to help with visibility. The District is more rural so house numbers aren’t always contiguous, visibility can be compromised by weather conditions and there are no street lights. First responders are accustomed to looking for the standardized District signs and they are much easier to see when conditions prevent good visibility. And a bonus: residents report that the signs also make it easier for delivery drivers and guests to find their houses.


Burn Regulations


Where can I get information about what’s legal to burn in the District and when?

Information on burning within the District can be found HERE.


Is there a phone number I can call for burn information?

Yes: 541-766-6971 (generally updated after 8:15 a.m.)


Board Members & Elections


Who are the current Board members and how many are there?

There are five people on the Board and current Board members are listed HERE.


How can I become a Board member?

You must be a registered voter in the CRFPD to be eligible for a Board position. Elections occur in May of odd-numbered years, for four-year terms. For details, contact the Benton County Elections Office (541) 766-6756 or visit their website HERE.


How much are Board members paid?

All Board members are unpaid volunteers.


Does the District have any employees?

No. However, the Board may contract with other entities for some services (e.g. a CPA to prepare the audited financial statements, or a licensed contractor for work on the Locke Fire Station).



Corvallis Fire and Rescue (CFD)

Note: Many questions are addressed on CFD’s website, for example in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page HERE.  


I’ve heard that there are sometimes fire station open houses for the public. When are they held and how do I find out about them?

Yes, Corvallis Fire Department typically holds an annual Rural District-specific open house in October, at Locke Station. Check this website’s home page, where the date is announced.


How can I get information about being a volunteer firefighter in the District?

Click HERE to learn about how to become a volunteer firefighter and the Rural Residential Volunteer (RRV) scholarship opportunities.


Are there volunteer opportunities for non-firefighters?

Yes! Consider becoming a Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) volunteer. Check out Corvallis CERT HERE and Benton County CERT HERE.


How can I get information on Corvallis Fire Department positions that are open?

Information on becoming a career firefighter with CFD is available HERE.


How do I find more resources related to home fire safety?

Some good resources can be found on the CFD website, e.g. related to home/business fire safety and wildland fire as well as on this WEBSITE which also includes links to webinar recordings on the subject.


Does CFD have a social media site?

Yes! Click HERE


Does the Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF) fight fires in the District along with the Corvallis Fire Department (CFD)? How do I know who to call in an emergency?

In an emergency, call 9-1-1. The dispatcher will be able to deploy the appropriate resources.

There is a close working relationship between ODF and CFD. ODF does not fight structure fires though, depending on time of year, they may respond to a structure fire with CFD to be available in the event a structure fire spreads into the wildland setting.

In the event of a wildland fire, both CFD and ODF will respond to the incident. They will set up a unified command and work together to bring the incident under control. So, you will get CFD for any type of fire in the District and you may get ODF as well depending on the incident type.


There are no fire hydrants where I live, in the District. Does CFD have supplemental water sources?

CFD does have supplemental water resources in the District. If you’re interested in a fire suppression water resource in your District neighborhood and have ideas for a viable location, please contact a Board Member or at